PDA

View Full Version : 2012 MuckRuckus

bruce
07-23-2012, 10:11 AM
2012 MuckRuckus MS Twin Cities (formerly Mud Run) is being held Saturday August 11th at Trollhaugen in Dresser Wisconsin utilizing the trails built by the Minnesota Go 4 Wheelers. This is a 10k (6 mile) footrace entirely benefiting the Multiple Sclerosis Society. The first year there were 1500 runners and 100 volunteers in the woods. Last year there were 3000 runners and 220 volunteers in the woods. They run the same trails and obstacles you drive when you attend events at Dresser with an additional 20+ obstacles specially constructed for the runners.

We need help in transporting the volunteer obstacle/course monitors into the woods. If you are willing to give up your Saturday and use your wheeler or side-by-side ATV to help us, your efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Unless the schedule changes, we will begin transporting people at roughly 8:00 a.m. After all volunteers are on course, all of us Transport people will take up stations around the course to assist in monitoring the race. Select vehicles will make one final trip back and out to pick up one of approximately 15 EMT/nurses who will be with them during the day. As a Transport person you may be transporting sick or injured runners back to the main medical tent during the day.

Your spouse or children are welcome to be with you during the day, but PLEASE to do not have them in the vehicle while you are moving volunteers. Your main purpose is to transport volunteers; pick up your spouse and/or children on your final run. Your day should end around 6:00 p.m.

If you would like to help us on this special day, PM bruce and Iíll guide you through the volunteer registration process.

I apologize for posting this in Trails & ORV Parks. But I didnít see a really relative place to put it. Thank you for your attention.

BigSwede
07-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Dangit...once again I will be gone that weekend.

bruce
08-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Dang obligations always interfere with the good stuff.

b