PDA

View Full Version : Memorial 2013 Work Weekends

bruce
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
It's started, we're at Dresser every weekend from now to Memorial weekend preparing for our Memorial Event. Come out and help us if you can. Give us two weekends (or any four weekend days) and you're invited to our Memorial Workers Appreciation Weekend in July.
We work from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday and 9 to 2 on Sunday. Remember to sign in daily to get credit for your work. After our quitting time, you're released to ride the trails if you so desire.
This year in addition to the normal trail preparation and site cleanup, we're preparing a staging area and ramp for our Big Air Car Jump off Horsepower Hill. We're constructing a new trail shack. We may be helping Trollhaugen construct a new concession building. We can use additional help.
Camping is the same as any non-Memorial event at Trollhaugen, come on over Friday evening and stay through Sunday. Primative, first-come sites atop Spectator Hill.
If you plan to bring any construction equipment (skid-loaders, etc) you'll need Board of Directors pre-approval. Please contact any Go4 and they can put you in contact.
I hope you'll join us.

bruce

urbanoffroad
04-16-2013, 09:06 PM
where would i get contact info to join for a weekend, or would i just show up??

bruce
04-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Just show up. We've been there the past two weekends and will be for the next five. There'll be snow on the ground again this weekend but that hasn't stopped us. Sign in at the Trail Shack. I see by your forum join date that you may be new to Trollhaugen/Dresser. To get to where we're at, get yourself to Dresser Wis. Take County F east over the RR tracks, past the Fire Station, past the Trollhaugen sign to the stop sign. Turn right onto County MM and wind up the road past Memorial Campground and take the next right through the open blue gates (you are now on Trollhaugen property). On the gravel road, stay right at the Y and proceed to the top of the hill. Continue right through a wide, open area (you should be able to follow truck tracks in the snow) and bear left and down a very short access to another open area. If you look to your right, you'll probably see a couple of trailers. Go there, you'll find us.

bruce