PDA

View Full Version : Where do you Wheel?

84F350
01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Where does everyone wheel?

mn4wheeler
01-02-2011, 03:30 AM
I have wheeled at Dresser, Gilbert, Apple Valley Farms and Appleton.

Handy4x4
01-02-2011, 04:03 AM
I have wheeled at Dresser, Gilbert, Rochester, Green Bay, Iowa, Black Hills, and several others.

bruce
01-02-2011, 11:23 AM
I have a 2000 Jeep TJ and my introduction to off-roading was at the 2000 Camp Jeep in Virginia. I took my nephew and we had a blast. Yeah, the actual trails were extremely mild compared to what I do now, but it was a great first time and I was hooked. I became a member of the Go4 Wheelers and as such Trollhaugen is where I go the most. Through my relationship with the Drive Association I learned of the opportunities at the Trail Riders' River Falls events, RPM's Apple Valley Farms, and the Rough Riders' Donley's Woods. I went with a group of Go4s to Tellico in Tennessee/North Carolina, Turkey Bay in Kentucky, and Badlands in Indiana. Three times I have been invited to go with the employees and customers of Off Road Only to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari. I go up to Gilbert at least once and usually twice annually. I have been to Appleton once.
Do I have a favorite amongst them? I don't think so; all are unique and I enjoy all except Appleton, it's too small for my taste and the combined area is far too congested.

Dusty 101
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
We are new to wheeling and I took a 30 yr break from wheeling in California, so I don't know much about Minnesota . Can anyone help

bigE
03-09-2012, 10:03 PM
The only recreation areas that are currently open to the public is the OHVRA in Gilbert MN and the area in Appleton MN. Gilbert is an old iron ore pit and has every thing for beginners to the most hardcore 5+ trails, its only about 3 hours north of the metro. The Appleton park is an old railroad gravel pit, it has more beginner terrain which makes for a good day ride. Appleton is about 2 1/2 hous west of the metro. There are events that are close to the metro which include Trollhaugen Ski Area in Dresser WI (Minnesota Go-4 Wheelers), Apple Valley Farms in Chetek WI (RPM 4x4) and The MN Trailriders have some events in River Falls WI. I know its ironic that MN clubs seem to have all their events in WI. You can come check us out at the Swap Meet April 14th at the Anoka County Fairgrounds, there will be people from many clubs in the Association you can talk to there.

Dusty 101
03-11-2012, 09:49 AM
I am just a beginner and thats also where my stock vehicle comes in too. We are both beginners. Thank you Big E

Dusty 101
03-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Does anyone wheel in Spyder Lake area?

Xjjames
04-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Ive done most of my wheeling in upper michigan as thats where i was born and raised. Ive also done alot of mountain trail riding in alaska with my father as i visit him every so many years. I havent done much wheeling in the area but im always looking for places to go in a few weeks i would like to go check out the iron range in Gilbert,Mn. Im hoping to meet some others soon so that i have people to ride with as thats always more fun.