PDA

View Full Version : Member Introduction

84F350
01-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Introduce yourself to fellow MN4WDA members.

I have been an independent member of the MN4WDA for a few years. Over the last few years I have wheeled a brown 1977 F-150 with a 460 C6 205 44 70 with 3.55's and 40's. Needless to say the truck has never been happy with going slow or with hills (Gilbert put a nail in its coffin at the Spring Convention), but has gotten me out wheeling with a great group of people. The new much improved truck should make its first outing at the spring convention.

Besides wheeling, I try to make it out snowmobiling when we have snow and work as a Mechanical Engineer when the economy is good.

bruce
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm a member of the Minnesota Go4 Wheelers. I had a dual membership with the Minnesota Trail Riders for a period of time, but the time I could afford for involvement became a problem and I dropped out. My wheeler is a 2000 TJ. It's also my daily driver. I bought the vehicle new and have had it on its side twice. It looks pretty good from 50', but as you approach it, you'll notice the results of my driving mistakes. The vehicle has morphed from a pure stock open/open to a lifted and locked ORO Pimpmobile.

Handy4x4
01-03-2011, 01:42 PM
I have dual membership with the Minnesota Go-4 Wheelers and Deranged Off-Road Posse (DOP). I've been involved with the sport since 1984 and became a member of the Go-4s in 1985, the DOP just started this past fall. I've been active with the club and Association as officer in both and even with the Midwest 4 WDA back in the 90's. I have always driven Old Style Bronco's and am currently rebuilding mine with a fiberglass body and hood, the driveline will be the same. I'm looking forward to a good year of wheeling.

Jayboie
01-24-2011, 10:01 AM
The names Jason and I have been enjoying jeeps for the last 13 years. My first comando got me hooked and I have been in love with jeeps ever since. I have been a member of the mn4wda for only the last year but plan on many more wonderfull years. I sold my last wheeling rig a 99 Cherokee 4.5" lift 31s locked front n rear to a good buddy that is also a member of mn4wda. 8 friends and I got together and started a club 2 years ago named rockbottom4x4. I am currently in the process of building a 82 cj-8 4.0 ax-15 Dana 300 with 60/14 bolt, double triangulated 4 link front n rear, 18" saw air shocks and I think I have decided to go with some 39.5s. Not sure on the tire yet but thinking some rockers would be a nice finish.

MN ZJ
01-25-2011, 12:28 AM
My name's Kevin. I wheeled a Ford Ranger, back in the '80s, and now own a (stock) '96 Grand Cherokee. Since it's my DD, when I'm not riding, and dog hauler, it will be limited to a 2" BB and 31s. I've been a motorcycle rider for many, many, years and took up Dual Sport riding a couple years ago. On a DS bike, you find a lot of great, fun back roads--especially the m-m roads. I love the idea behind a Minnesota Touring Trail network and intend to help out in any way possible. I also plan to start taking the Jeep on trail rides once I get the front recovery points taken care of.
-K

Mr.N
03-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello,

My name is Brad and I like to stick to the by-pass. Run a CJ, its white.

Bruce, I like the title next to your name. Hopefully it will be for all current officers.

Dusty 101
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM
My name is Jim, my wife Mary and I are working on a 1991 YJ which is still basically stock. We are adding an add a spring kit to it and some other things as we go. We are also bikers and ride a lot of organized rides. We are not club members yet because we probably can't pass the safety check yet.But we are working on it. We also don't know what club would be best for us either? Our Jeep is a 4 banger so we don't know if we can keep up either.

84F350
03-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Jim,

Welcome to the MN4WDA Forum.
We have several different types of clubs in the state, some run relatively stock vehicles to completely tube buggies.
I know a couple people with 4 cylinder Jeeps that have a blast wheeling with them.
The Go 4's & rpm4x4 have tech pages on their websites.
The only requirement to trail ride at the state OHV parks in Appleton and Gilbert is the purchase a state OHV sticker which is good for 3 years.

A great way to meet people is to come to different meetings. The next MN4WDA meeting is March 26 at 6:30 for the board members and 7:30 for the general meeting.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Dusty 101
03-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you we are coming to the meeting

gcextreme
04-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Hello..my name is Glenn..im from the Alexandria area. Not many places to wheel around here...most of the time i take my truck and atvs up to Spider Lake in the Foot Hills St. Forest.

Anyway, i have a lifted offroad 99 Ford Ranger ext cab 4x4 with 33" gy duratracs, an 02 yamaha raptor 660r and an 04 honda 250ex that my wife rides.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s675/gc_extreme/99Ranger/20130216_141304_zpse17a33dd.jpg
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s675/gc_extreme/99Ranger/20130111_171214_zpsddf6888a.jpg

84F350
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Glenn,

Welcome to the forum. Have you joined the association?
One place you might want to try is the Appleton OHV park, they have trails for trucks, ATV's and motorcycles.
If you don't mind driving farther, Gilbert is a fun place to rock crawl and go trail riding.

gcextreme
04-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Nope havent joined yet...ive been to the appleton park riding my atvs there...its nothing special most of the time its all flooded..
I mostly ride up at Spider Lake in the foothills st. forest.
Alot of my buds go up to Gilbert but ive never made it. Ive been over to Somerset Wi and Arkansaw Wi, as well as the New Ulm track.

Xjjames
04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
My names james i just started to get into trail riding/wheeling over this past year i have a xj with a 4.5inch lift and 31inch tires im hoping to come to some of the meet ups soon and find new places to drive my jeep. Im also a photographer and love taking photos on my adventures. i currently live in st paul, mn so im far away from most trails. Im open to meet up with others wisconsin or minnesota or anywhere on the edge of the twin cities.