PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Mud Run 2011 Volunteers Needed

bruce
03-04-2011, 12:08 PM
This year's Twin Cities Mud Run is scheduled for Saturday September 10th, 2011 at Trollhaugen Ski Area in Dresser, Wisconsin. Last year's event drew approx. 1500 runners; that number is expected to double this year. Here is a link to the teaser on the Society's site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzjzsL28HWE

Registration for participants and volunteers opened on March 1st. I'm hoping you will volunteer to help us this year. If so, please PM me with your email address and I'll transmit further instructions. This year I'm looking for Transportation Volunteers (transport people into the woods) as well as Obstacle Monitors and any other type of volunteer. Talk this up with family members (16 + years of age), neighbors, friends, etc. You will be volunteering as a group (MN4WDA/Mn Go 4 Wheelers).

For Transportation Volunteers, you must have a 4WD vehicle capable of moving three people in cab or bed or have a UTV (side-by-side ATV). You will transport volunteers to their stations prior to 8:00 a.m. During the course of the day, you may be patrolling a sector of the course; you may have an EMT on board with you and respond to emergency requests; you may transport injured participants; you may resupply waterstops; you will have a map and radio. At race end, you will transport volunteers back to Spectator Hill.

You will be expected onsite by 6:30 a.m. and probably released 4:30 p.m. or later.

Thank you for your kind attention,
Bruce Gunderson