PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 4x4 club in the Duluth/Arrowhead region

theducksguts
04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
My wife and I are going to be moving to Duluth the beginning of May. We have rigs and love to wheel. We have been involved in a club down here at our current location (Madison, WI) and would love to find something up north.

I have contacted North Shore Wheelers, and attempted to contact the "Boondockers" but have not heard anything from them in weeks. I was wondering if I was missing something.

Are there any clubs up there who are wanting to add new members?:confused:

84F350
04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Welcome,

We are working on up dating the MN4WDA club contacts list as we get new information. The most recent list is several years old, but can be found at, http://forum.mn4wda.com/content/129-club-contacts

Hopefully others will chime in shortly with more information.
We are still spreading the word about our new forum and working on the new website.

theducksguts
04-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks, I didn't know how current that info was. If anyone knows anything please post up.

bruce
04-07-2011, 02:08 AM
If you haven't done it already, try posting on Mn-Jeep.com. It's not all Jeeps, it's all rigs.

Give 'em your first paragraph above and give a brief description of your rig(s) and the type of wheeling you like to do. The posters on that forum (and this forum as well) are primarily interested in challenge wheeling, stuff like Badlands, Tellico, Moab, etc. We've got it here on private land as well as a huge State OHV park (Iron Range Off Highway Vehicle Recreation Area)(currently 1500 acres with another 3000 acre addition due to start this fall) northwest of Duluth. Hopefully someone there can help you out and not take the thread on some stupid tangent.

I know members of North Shore Wheelers, Grizzly Off Road, and Northern Minnesota Jeepers will see your post as well as Duluth Off Road but the latter are hardcore buggy builder/drivers and you might not be a fit for them.

theducksguts
04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
thanks for the tip

bruce
04-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Saw your post there. Your first two responses were from North Shore Wheelers (primarily Duluth and North) and Northern Minnesota Jeepers (Eveleth/Gilbert). The third response came from TCOR (Twin City Off Road, a Minneapolis/St Paul group spending a lot of time at the OHV park). Keep tuned to this forum and mn-jeep and you'll find a club.