Iron Rock Off Road
Shakopee, MN
      MADLY Max Design
Marketing Concierge
      Trail's Edge Lodging
www.trailsedgelodging.com
      Yo'R MUDDERS Place
Gilbert, MN

Thread: What happened to my 2013 Subscription and my PMs?

4x4 Newcomer

What happened to my 2013 Subscription and my PMs?

If the Membership subsciption is good though the 31st, I'm wondering why it's been canceled as it's only the 29th. The Forum wants me to sign up for 2013 so I can see the full Forum.

BTW: The message that says to PM someone if there are problems (Item 8) doesn't give a name, so I am posting this in OT.

-Ron

4x4 Newcomer
    I agree that things should be adjusted a little. I plan to hand in the 2014 dues for my club in person at the January meeting. I assume my access is restricted until then? What about Go-4 members? I am pretty sure their membership dues deadline was extended until the March meeting by a vote at the November meeting. Will they be restricted until then?

4x4 Newcomer
    Thanks for whatever was done to correct this!

4x4 Newcomer
    When I logged in tonight, even though it states that dues are not "Due" until Jan 31, the system still did not recognize me as a Member - gave me limited access and told me that I was not a Member. No matter, I know I joined in 2013 and I have a card to prove it

I just renewed tonight for 2014

-Ron

What happened to my 2013 Subscription and my PMs?

I'm the one to PM. Just because dues are't due until the 31st doesn't mean you are automatically active for the previous 30 days. Once your subscription expires, you're not active again until you pay.

With regard to the Go 4's, those folks pay late every year. It actually takes a board vote just to allow that to happen. The Go-4 site access is blocked until dues are paid, as well.
    Last edited by ecrist; 01-03-2014 at 09:00 AM.

4x4 Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrist View Post
    I'm the one to PM.
    Perhaps that would have been helpful info to include in the message

Quote Originally Posted by ecrist
    Just because dues are't due until the 31st doesn't mean you are automatically active for the previous 30 days. Once your subscription expires, you're not active again until you pay.
    Than that's wrong.
    The Membership Card I have in front of me for 2013 days... Expires 12/31/2013. Thus my Membership was active until 12/31/2013, and I should have had access to the Forum.

So if that's the way the game is played, there is little incentive to pay the next years dues early as your benefit of this Forum ends before your Membership.
    I believe that the Association should encourage early Membership renewal and that you change your "Subscription" Policies so that unpaid Memberships end on Dec 31st.

So what if someone gets a few days or a Month free? It's an easy trade for good will and continued Membership.
    Perhaps if that was so, the Go 4's would pay early instead of late

-Ron

All memberships end on the 31st of December. I don't know why you had a problem as no changes were made. If you renew for 2014 on November 1st, you would see no lapse in access.

Despite what the membership system in the forum says when you pay, subscriptions run from January 1st until December 1st. There is a script that runs every few minutes to correct incorrect subscription dates. It's a problem with the forum software the vendor won't fix and is explained in the subscribe message.