Iron Rock Off Road
Shakopee, MN
      MADLY Max Design
Marketing Concierge
      Trail's Edge Lodging
www.trailsedgelodging.com
      Yo'R MUDDERS Place
Gilbert, MN

View Poll Results: Where do you wheel? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gilbert OHV Area

10 83.33%
  • Appleton OHV Area

6 50.00%
  • Dresser

9 75.00%
  • Apple Valley Farms

8 66.67%
  • Private Trail Rides

8 66.67%
  • Wisconsin

5 41.67%
  • South Dakota

2 16.67%
  • Colorado

2 16.67%
  • Moab

3 25.00%
  • Other

3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Where do you Wheel?

Where do you Wheel?

Where does everyone wheel?
    Craig

MN4WDA Secretary

MN4WDA Individual Member

Wheeler: 1995 F-150 Extended Cab on 40's

4x4 Newcomer
    I have wheeled at Dresser, Gilbert, Apple Valley Farms and Appleton.
    2000 XJ 4" Iron Rock Off Road Lift, 33" BFG Muds, lot's of "character"

See ya on the trails!

Association President
    I have wheeled at Dresser, Gilbert, Rochester, Green Bay, Iowa, Black Hills, and several others.

I have a 2000 Jeep TJ and my introduction to off-roading was at the 2000 Camp Jeep in Virginia. I took my nephew and we had a blast. Yeah, the actual trails were extremely mild compared to what I do now, but it was a great first time and I was hooked. I became a member of the Go4 Wheelers and as such Trollhaugen is where I go the most. Through my relationship with the Drive Association I learned of the opportunities at the Trail Riders' River Falls events, RPM's Apple Valley Farms, and the Rough Riders' Donley's Woods. I went with a group of Go4s to Tellico in Tennessee/North Carolina, Turkey Bay in Kentucky, and Badlands in Indiana. Three times I have been invited to go with the employees and customers of Off Road Only to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari. I go up to Gilbert at least once and usually twice annually. I have been to Appleton once.
    Do I have a favorite amongst them? I don't think so; all are unique and I enjoy all except Appleton, it's too small for my taste and the combined area is far too congested.

4x4 Newcomer
    We are new to wheeling and I took a 30 yr break from wheeling in California, so I don't know much about Minnesota . Can anyone help

The only recreation areas that are currently open to the public is the OHVRA in Gilbert MN and the area in Appleton MN. Gilbert is an old iron ore pit and has every thing for beginners to the most hardcore 5+ trails, its only about 3 hours north of the metro. The Appleton park is an old railroad gravel pit, it has more beginner terrain which makes for a good day ride. Appleton is about 2 1/2 hous west of the metro. There are events that are close to the metro which include Trollhaugen Ski Area in Dresser WI (Minnesota Go-4 Wheelers), Apple Valley Farms in Chetek WI (RPM 4x4) and The MN Trailriders have some events in River Falls WI. I know its ironic that MN clubs seem to have all their events in WI. You can come check us out at the Swap Meet April 14th at the Anoka County Fairgrounds, there will be people from many clubs in the Association you can talk to there.

4x4 Newcomer
    I am just a beginner and thats also where my stock vehicle comes in too. We are both beginners. Thank you Big E

4x4 Newcomer
    Does anyone wheel in Spyder Lake area?

Ive done most of my wheeling in upper michigan as thats where i was born and raised. Ive also done alot of mountain trail riding in alaska with my father as i visit him every so many years. I havent done much wheeling in the area but im always looking for places to go in a few weeks i would like to go check out the iron range in Gilbert,Mn. Im hoping to meet some others soon so that i have people to ride with as thats always more fun.