Marketing Concierge
      Trail's Edge Lodging
www.trailsedgelodging.com
      Yo'R MUDDERS Place
Gilbert, MN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Introduction

Member Introduction

Introduce yourself to fellow MN4WDA members.

I have been an independent member of the MN4WDA for a few years. Over the last few years I have wheeled a brown 1977 F-150 with a 460 C6 205 44 70 with 3.55's and 40's. Needless to say the truck has never been happy with going slow or with hills (Gilbert put a nail in its coffin at the Spring Convention), but has gotten me out wheeling with a great group of people. The new much improved truck should make its first outing at the spring convention.

Besides wheeling, I try to make it out snowmobiling when we have snow and work as a Mechanical Engineer when the economy is good.
    Last edited by 84F350; 01-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Craig

MN4WDA Secretary

MN4WDA Individual Member

Wheeler: 1995 F-150 Extended Cab on 40's

I'm a member of the Minnesota Go4 Wheelers. I had a dual membership with the Minnesota Trail Riders for a period of time, but the time I could afford for involvement became a problem and I dropped out. My wheeler is a 2000 TJ. It's also my daily driver. I bought the vehicle new and have had it on its side twice. It looks pretty good from 50', but as you approach it, you'll notice the results of my driving mistakes. The vehicle has morphed from a pure stock open/open to a lifted and locked ORO Pimpmobile.

Association President
    I have dual membership with the Minnesota Go-4 Wheelers and Deranged Off-Road Posse (DOP). I've been involved with the sport since 1984 and became a member of the Go-4s in 1985, the DOP just started this past fall. I've been active with the club and Association as officer in both and even with the Midwest 4 WDA back in the 90's. I have always driven Old Style Bronco's and am currently rebuilding mine with a fiberglass body and hood, the driveline will be the same. I'm looking forward to a good year of wheeling.

4x4 Newcomer
    The names Jason and I have been enjoying jeeps for the last 13 years. My first comando got me hooked and I have been in love with jeeps ever since. I have been a member of the mn4wda for only the last year but plan on many more wonderfull years. I sold my last wheeling rig a 99 Cherokee 4.5" lift 31s locked front n rear to a good buddy that is also a member of mn4wda. 8 friends and I got together and started a club 2 years ago named rockbottom4x4. I am currently in the process of building a 82 cj-8 4.0 ax-15 Dana 300 with 60/14 bolt, double triangulated 4 link front n rear, 18" saw air shocks and I think I have decided to go with some 39.5s. Not sure on the tire yet but thinking some rockers would be a nice finish.

4x4 Newcomer
    My name's Kevin. I wheeled a Ford Ranger, back in the '80s, and now own a (stock) '96 Grand Cherokee. Since it's my DD, when I'm not riding, and dog hauler, it will be limited to a 2" BB and 31s. I've been a motorcycle rider for many, many, years and took up Dual Sport riding a couple years ago. On a DS bike, you find a lot of great, fun back roads--especially the m-m roads. I love the idea behind a Minnesota Touring Trail network and intend to help out in any way possible. I also plan to start taking the Jeep on trail rides once I get the front recovery points taken care of.
    -K
    Kevin in Brooklyn Park

4x4 Newcomer
    Hello,

My name is Brad and I like to stick to the by-pass. Run a CJ, its white.

Bruce, I like the title next to your name. Hopefully it will be for all current officers.

4x4 Newcomer
    My name is Jim, my wife Mary and I are working on a 1991 YJ which is still basically stock. We are adding an add a spring kit to it and some other things as we go. We are also bikers and ride a lot of organized rides. We are not club members yet because we probably can't pass the safety check yet.But we are working on it. We also don't know what club would be best for us either? Our Jeep is a 4 banger so we don't know if we can keep up either.

Jim,

Welcome to the MN4WDA Forum.
    We have several different types of clubs in the state, some run relatively stock vehicles to completely tube buggies.
    I know a couple people with 4 cylinder Jeeps that have a blast wheeling with them.
    The Go 4's & rpm4x4 have tech pages on their websites.
    The only requirement to trail ride at the state OHV parks in Appleton and Gilbert is the purchase a state OHV sticker which is good for 3 years.

A great way to meet people is to come to different meetings. The next MN4WDA meeting is March 26 at 6:30 for the board members and 7:30 for the general meeting.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Craig

MN4WDA Secretary

MN4WDA Individual Member

Wheeler: 1995 F-150 Extended Cab on 40's

4x4 Newcomer
    Thank you we are coming to the meeting

Hello..my name is Glenn..im from the Alexandria area. Not many places to wheel around here...most of the time i take my truck and atvs up to Spider Lake in the Foot Hills St. Forest.

Anyway, i have a lifted offroad 99 Ford Ranger ext cab 4x4 with 33" gy duratracs, an 02 yamaha raptor 660r and an 04 honda 250ex that my wife rides.